Differences between the books and the movies
- Harry meets Draco Malfoy right before the Sorting Ceremony, instead of at Madam Malkins Robes For All Occasions.
- Piers Polkiss only appears in the book.
- In the film, they didn't include the part about the potions or the Troll on the way to the Philosophers Stone.
- McGonagall doesn't take Oliver Wood from Charms, she took him from Defense Against the Dark Arts.
Chamber of Secrets
- Sir Nicholas's deathday party never happens.
- In the book, Uncle Vernon never falls out of a window.
- Arthur Weasley and Lucius Malfoy never physically fight in the movie.
Prisoner of Azkaban
- In the book, there is no Shrunken Head on the knight bus
- Only one Hippogriff is seen in the movie, while there are several in the book.
Goblet of Fire
- The movie never shows the Quidditch World Cup being played.
- Winky and Ludo Bagman never appear in the film, while they are mentioned multiple times in the book.
- In the second task, Harry is helped by Neville in the movie, and Dobby helps him in the book.
- The movie never mentions Rita Skeeter being an unregistered Animagus.
- In the movie, Harry never receives the gold or give it to Fred and George.
Order of the Phoenix
- In the film, they never visit St. Mungo's
- The movie doesn't say that Ron and Hermione have become prefects.
- In the movie, we never learn that Firenze has become a teacher.
- In the Battle of Department of Mysteries, the movie doesn't show us the brain room, love potiom
- We never see the scene with the Muggle Prime Minister.
- The movie never shows the Gaunts Scene.